Thank you for nominating my blog for the Liebster Award, http://themelodramaeffect.wordpress.com/! I am always surprised when I am nominated for any type of award in my life, so thank you so much. When I saw the nomination today, my first thought through my head was, “Wow, someone actually enjoys my writing, that’s great!” Very often I forget that people like my musings and that my friends like being friends with me. Weird, right?
The Liebster Award Rules:
Thank the nominator and post a link to his/her blog
Display the award on your blog
Answer the eleven questions provided by the nominator
Nominate 5-11 blogs which have less than 1,000 followers, and let them know they’ve been nominated
Make up and Post eleven questions for your nominees to answer
Post these rules on your blog
Questions from my nominator:
- What do you love about yourself? (Trust me, you won’t sound arrogant)This is such a difficult question. Physcially I love my long, spider-like fingers and my brown eyes. The other part I love about myself is my ability to persevere through obstacles towards my goals. (I already feel conceited.)
- How would you describe your best friend? Oh, my best friend is named T. He’s my rock. I love him so much. He’s intelligent, kind, cautious, unapologetic(in a good way), and the funniest person I’ve ever met.
- What’s your favorite childhood memory? Years ago my grandparents had a cottage on a lake in a town with a population with less than two thousand people. It was the smallest town I have ever seen to date. The cottage was about 1,200 square feet with two large bedrooms and one bath (no central air, style last updated in 1974, dark wood paneling on every wall except the one kitchen wall). It was built in 1915. Every summer my whole family would come and go. No less than 6 people there at a time. I’d go out fishing with my grandpa about twice a week while I was up there. But any time up north with family at the cottage would qualify as my favorite memory.
- Favorite and least favorite subjects in school? Science is my favorite. English/Language Arts is my least favorite.
- What’s your favorite holiday and why? Independence Day is my favorite holiday. I love being around friends and family in the summer. And summer holidays are celebrated in barbecues by my family
- What do you want to do most, right now, at this very moment? For my student loans to be paid off and not to acquire further debt
with my education.
- What’s one thing you never leave the house without? My sunglasses and sunblock.
- What movie would you recommend to anyone? Another tough question. I particularly enjoyed Schindler’s List. But Wall E comes in second place.
- What’s your favorite food-and-drink combination? Root beer float and crinkle cut fries.
- What’s one thing you wish you were good at? I wish I was better at calculus and chemical titrations.
- Why do you blog? I write to express myself and to share another perspective on specific topics. My family knows that I blog but I haven’t shared my blog name. Blogging is relaxing.
The 11 Questions:
1. What is one thing that you would change about the world and why?
2. Your favorite color?
3. Tell me about your best friend. Why are you guys friends?
4. What is your accomplishment that you’re most proud of?
5. What do you most fear?
6. Would you ever run for president/prime minister/ruler of your country?
7. Favorite scent?
8. Cat or dog person?
9. Guilty pleasure show?
10. What was the best day of your life so far?
11. Are you involved in any clubs?